MUHAMMAD AWAIS FAROOQ
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES.
Cell: +971 54 478 5324
Looking for a challenging task to enhance my abilities and qualities. Would like to work in a growing organization where my education has a valuable application in progress of organization.
Autodesk 3ds Max V-Ray Adobe After Effects Adobe Photoshop Adobe Illustrator
Cinema 4d Autodesk Maya Adobe Premiere Pro DaVinci Resolve Adobe InDesign
Element 3d Turbulence fd Sony Vegas Pro
Area of Expertize:
3d visualization 3d Modeling Video Editing Titles Beauty retouching Compositing Integration of 3d elements into 2d film 3d Animation Motion Tracking Match moving Colour correction Special effects Particle and fluid effects and simulations etc.
I started my career as a graphic designer in 2001. I made my own company by the name of BSS Advertising and we started as a printing press and advertising company. Initially we used to handle only print medium then by the passage of time we evolved into digital advertising company. We changed our company’s name to IDM. We started to make videos and photo shoots. Our main clientage was in weddings, events, corporate and local cable television network. We shot videos, did photo shoots, made promotional and introductory videos and animation etc.
I dissect my professional work experience in three parts as follows, in a descending order.
- 3D Animation / 3D Visualization / 3D Modeling: 2009 – Present
I learned and earned my 3D Modeling education from Edge System International Lahore. As my video editing and motion graphics career started to flourish, I wanted to enhance my skills with the vast horizons of 3d. My skills in 3d evolved over the time. For 3d work, I used to:
- Take a comprehensive creative brief from the client about the concept.
- Make rough sketches of the shape / idea to be on clear side before actual storyboarding.
- If the project was an animation, then a comprehensive storyboard was a key in the process.
- For a non-animated projects, setting a mood board was an essential element in my workflow.
- Making a very detailed research before starting modeling a product in 3d.
- Architectural 3d designs were the most commonly found projects in my company.
- Understanding the purpose of the architect in order to brainstorm the ideas.
- Preparing 2 or 3 CAD designs according to the needs and ease of the purpose within the architect.
- Taking a good understanding of the feedback of the clients on the 2d design before starting the actual design.
- I have a good experience of designing Exhibition stands, Interiors and medium scale buildings in 3d.
- I had done numerous Product’s 3d design for some local brands in my vicinity including mechanical products, beauty products, home appliances etc.
- Video Editing / Motion Graphics: 2008 – Present
Learnt and started video editing at M.H.D. Lahore, a very well reputed institute. After having a firm grip on the leaned skills, I applied the knowledge and skills in my own company, IDM. My routine work handling process was:
- I learnt video shooting and camera operating in M.H.D. Lahore and then trained the guys at my company to operate the cameras.
- I handled editing the footage, colour correction, colour grading, enhancement, stabilization, titles, encoding and all the post procduction by myself. This helped me maintaining the standard.
- In shooting wedding videos, understanding the desires of the clients and making arrangements of the equipment accordingly.
- Always shooting the best possible quality and scene arrangements, even if the client had a low budget. This habit made us very unique in the market and created room for a better professional bond in the future.
- Tried to educate the clients before the actual events about what is good for a good video shoot and what should be avoided during the ceremonial events. This precautionary brief used to help a lot because events like weddings always have uncertainty in their nature.
- Always built a respectable and reliable relation with the clients.
- Promotional videos were a challenge, because we had to convey the client’s message within a few second’s video. Even for a few second’s video, we used to shoot video of hours sometimes.
- In order to make my client’s videos unique, amazing and eye catching with cool graphics, relevant and marvelous titles and with such elements which were not in the convention in our local market, I learnt Motion Graphics, tracking, 3d and compositing.
- My videos became a brand ambassador of my company as I integrated unconventional use of modern tools in my workflow.
- Graphic Designing / Layouts / Web Designing / Illustration: 2002 – Present
- Work simultaneously on 5+ projects based on current client workload.
- Create visual aspects of marketing materials, websites and other media, including infographics.
- Put together disparate elements of a design created by another professional, such as the icons, photographs and other components necessary for a website design, marketing campaign and branding.
- Consult with clients’ marketing, copywriting and sales teams to create cohesive designs that reflect our clients’ corporate cultures and goals
- Meet with clients or the art director to determine the scope of a project.
- Advise clients on strategies to reach a particular audience.
- Determine the message the design should portray.
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message.
- Develop graphics for product illustrations, logos, and websites.
- Select colors, images, text style, and layout
- Present the design to clients or the art director
- Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them.
- Ability to handle multiple projects per week, and dozens of projects per month.
- an organized personal project workflow and adaptability to adjust to the working environment and situational problem solving.
- Creative flair and initiative to suggest strong ideas in both creative and technical process.
Teaching: 1997 – Present
- I have been teaching many subjects on different level even before I completed my own studies.
- I have taught Graphic Designing and 3D Modeling and Animation to a handsome amount of students.
- The software I mostly taught are: Adobe Photoshop, adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign, Autodesk 3ds Max, V-Ray, Corona, Autodesk Maya, Cinema 4D, adobe Flash, Adobe After effects, CorelDRAW.
- Teaching Graphic Designing and 3d animation was (and still is) my 1st Job in UAE. It’s a part time job. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash, Adobe Illustrator, 3ds Max are in the course.
Father’s Name Muhammad Khan Bhatti (Late)
Date of Birth 05 / 04 / 1979
Marital status Married
University of the Punjab, Pakistan.
English: (Write, Read, Speak)
Urdu: (Write, Read, Speak)
Arabic: (write& Read)
Can be furnished upon request.